- If you were a French or Lebanese citizen, what would you want to communicate to the world community?
- If you were a Muslim or a French Muslim, what would you want to communicate to the world community?
- If you were French President Francois Hollande, what would be responsible policy given the Paris terror attacks?
- If you were French President Francois Hollande, would you push for war? If so, war with whom? And where?
- Should the French government pass any new laws or measures given the terror attacks?
- Should the United States have a role in supporting the French government? If so, what would that look like?
- Scholars and pundits who discuss terrorism note that "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter." Some Islamists critique Western policies as expressions of terror in the Middle East. Would you agree or disagree? Explain.
- Why might the media and international community focus its attention on Paris and not on Lebanon? Do we or the media place an unequal value on human lives?
- If you want to react to the weekend's events from some other angle, write a reflection.
Write and react to one (or more) of the following questions. Post by writing in the comment box below.
Discursive Discourse Delivered